It’s easy to get lost in the busy world of Instagram. With its quick turnaround and millions of users, the social media platform is inspiration at your fingertips. This inspiration can be overwhelming, so we have curated a short list of the must-follow accounts.
- If you like the minimal aesthetic, this account is surely a feast for your eyes. @Davidgrr. With a 10 year background in photography influencing his mostly monochromatic feed, it is no wonder David has gained over 86k followers. Go on, be the next one.
2. If you need nature in your daily inspiration, specifically a lot of ocean imagery, then @Gabscanu’s feed is for you. The travel photographer uses drones to capture aerial shots of where land meets sea, resulting in a multitude of turquoise and jade imagery. It may give you the holiday blues but we think it’s worth it.
3. You may have heard of the many ‘I have this thing with’ accounts. Our 2 favourites have to be @Ihavethisthingwithfloors and the lesser known @Ihavethisthingwithzelij. The first account being a collection of people standing on interesting / aesthetically-pleasing floors, with just their shoes partly showing. The latter account displays zellij, the Arabic word for mosaic made from geometric tiles. It is a form of Islamic art, commonly found in Moroccan architecture. Lots of pattern involved in these accounts!
4. @gracewake is a young illustrator from Plymouth. Her feed is made up of her own illustrations and architecture in soft pastel tones, where each image blends seamlessly with the previous. We’d follow just for the beautiful colour palette.
5. If you need daily inspiration in the form of candy colours, @mattcrump‘s account is the one to follow. He created the hashtag #candyminimal where others can also follow pursuit and share their candy-coloured snaps. Think Miami, painted Portuguese houses and sunsets.